This website was the blog we kept...

The official website is here: www.coughingthedistance.com

Also, my latest adventures are here: www.coughing4cf.com


Friday, July 13, 2007

X-rated Picture

Look you can see the sheath of the sword I swallowed when they took the X-ray. Like some flip the bird for the camera I like to do silly things for X-rays too. See if the radiographer notices.

Don't you hate it when you are super pumped about a trip and then you start feeling crook? Well, I had an X-ray taken yesterday and started a course of antibiotics too. Having had night sweats, and starting to feel pain in my chest (not good generally) it was time for action.

Anyway, I sneaked in the back straight to Radiography avoiding the sick waiting rooms etc. I managed to get in and out real quick. Hospitals are where I perceive to be at highest risk of getting bad bacteria into my lungs!

No one ever got to look at the X-ray, I have an appointment with a GP for next week... So this morning, still having to sleep with towels I got a bit worried and a medic friend told me to show the X-rays to a doctor at the hospital.

I got a gazillion things to do, but health must come first. No health - no trip! After waiting for 20 minutes or so I got freaked. Here I am sitting in a breeding ground of bacteria to show my X-ray. What are they going to say? Take antibiotics? I am already on them? Order more tests? It is a tiny hospital where they can't even do a sputum tests. The staff tried hard to keep me there, promising the doctor would see me soon. But after an hour I got the heebeegeebies and did a runner. Tuesday I will see my favourite doctor here; Dr. Alarm. His real name is Dr. Afrujul Alam from the East Devonport Medical Centre.

No comments: