This website was the blog we kept...

The official website is here: www.coughingthedistance.com

Also, my latest adventures are here: www.coughing4cf.com


Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Lost Luggage....

Our Melbourne flight was delyaed and we missed the Amsterdam connection in London. By the time we got to Amsterdam our friends had waited for over 2 hours... Ai. Our luggage had also not arrived. None of it, for any of us. My 'dry-ice' packed medicine also did not make it.

Finally got to bed at well past midnight Dutch time, and got woken up by room-service. They had my medicine bag! The contents were not exactly cool, but I immediately put the $$$ medicine in the fridge. I hope it is OK, its been in transit for 48+ hours, and was wrapped with 2 x 1kg dry ice.

Next morning, most of us still dressed in our original clothing, foundDavid's First Aid kit in the hotel. It too had arrived. No sign of the others. We spent the day shopping, which was tough as the shops did not open till 11am or in some cases 12 noon - despite it being Monday!

Also no bike shops here in Amsterdam!!! We found some gear in other shops. Bought a SIM chip for my phone and discovered I need a PIN... No idea. So you can only SMS us for now on +61417067460.

By the afternoon David got a message to say his luggage will arrive between 8 and 10pm. The others are still not located.

2 comments:

The Green Group Trading said...

Hi W
I sent you an SMS but i dident use the +61 prefex,no + on my numbers!
I used the normal 04 etc.
Lets know if you received.
Hope you get the password problem sorted,i went in to a Voderphone shop and they EVENTUALLY got mine running.
Keep safe.
J & L

Grizzly said...

FYI - to get a '+' on your mobile, hold down '0' and it will turn into '+'